Below are a list of the publication that have come from EXTOD studies or studies in which EXTOD has collaborated with other people.
- A Multidisciplinary Evaluation of a Virtually Supervised Home-Based High-Intensity Interval Training Intervention in People With Type 1 Diabetes.Scott SN, Shepherd SO, Andrews RC, Narendran P, Purewal TS, Kinnafick F, Cuthbertson DJ, Atkinson-Goulding S, Noon T, Wagenmakers AJM, Cocks M. Diabetes Care. 2019 Sep 17. pii: dc190871. doi: 10.2337/dc19-0871. Link to paper
- Development of a group structured education programme to support safe exercise in people with Type 1 diabetes: the EXTOD education programme. Narendran P, Greenfield S, Troughton J, Doherty Y, Quann N, Thompson C, Litchfield I, Andrews RC; EXTOD Education Programme Development Team. Diabet Med. 2019 Jul 2. doi: 10.1111/dme.14064. Link to paper.
- Patient and Healthcare Professionals Perspectives on the Delivery of Exercise Education for Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.. Litchfield I, Andrews RC, Narendran P, Greenfield S. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2019 Feb 19;10:76. doi: 10.3389/fendo.2019.00076. Link to paper.
- Type 1 diabetes impairs the mobilisation of highly-differentiated CD8+T cells during a single bout of acute exercise. Curran M, Campbell J, Drayson M, Andrews R, Narendran P. Exerc Immunol Rev. 2019;25:64-82. Link to paper.
- Objective Measurement of Physical Activity in Adults With Newly Diagnosed Type 1 Diabetes and Healthy Individuals. Matson RIB, Leary SD, Cooper AR, Thompson C, Narendran P, Andrews RC. Front Public Health. 2018 Dec 7;6:360. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2018.00360. eCollection 2018.Link to paper.
- High-Intensity Interval Training Improves Aerobic Capacity Without a Detrimental Decline in Blood Glucose in People With Type 1 Diabetes. Scott SN, Cocks M, Andrews RC, Narendran P, Purewal TS, Cuthbertson DJ, Wagenmakers AJM, Shepherd SO. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2019 Feb 1;104(2):604-612. doi: 10.1210/jc.2018-01309. Link to paper.
- Fasted High-Intensity Interval and Moderate-Intensity Exercise Do Not Lead to Detrimental 24-Hour Blood Glucose Profiles. Scott SN, Cocks M, Andrews RC, Narendran P, Purewal TS, Cuthbertson DJ, Wagenmakers AJM, Shepherd SO. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2019 Jan 1;104(1):111-117. doi: 10.1210/jc.2018-01308. Link to paper
- The Type 1 diabetes 'honeymoon' period is five times longer in men who exercise: a case-control study. Chetan MR, Charlton MH, Thompson C, Dias RP, Andrews RC, Narendran P. Diabet Med. 2019 Jan;36(1):127-128. doi: 10.1111/dme.13802. Link to paper.
- Qualitative study of barriers to clinical trial retention in adults with recently diagnosed type 1 diabetes. Henshall C, Narendran P, Andrews RC, Daley A, Stokes KA, Kennedy A, Greenfield S. BMJ Open. 2018 Jul 17;8(7):e022353. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2018-022353. Link to paper.
- Attitudes and barriers to exercise in adults with a recent diagnosis of type 1 diabetes: a qualitative study of participants in the Exercise for Type 1 Diabetes (EXTOD) study. Kennedy A, Narendran P, Andrews RC, Daley A, Greenfield SM; EXTOD Group. BMJ Open. 2018 Jan 24;8(1):e017813. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-017813. Link to paper.
- Exercise to preserve β-cell function in recent-onset Type 1 diabetes mellitus (EXTOD) - a randomized controlled pilot trial. Narendran P, Jackson N, Daley A, Thompson D, Stokes K, Greenfield S, Charlton M, Curran M, Solomon TPJ, Nouwen A, Lee SI, Cooper AR, Mostazir M, Taylor RS, Kennedy A, Andrews RC. Diabet Med. 2017 Nov;34(11):1521-1531. doi: 10.1111/dme.13439. Epub 2017 Sep 14. Link to paper.
- The time has come to test the beta cell preserving effects of exercise in patients with new onset type 1 diabetes. Narendran P, Solomon TP, Kennedy A, Chimen M, Andrews RC.Diabetologia. 2015 Jan;58(1):10-8. doi: 10.1007/s00125-014-3412-8. Epub 2014 Nov 4. Review. Link to paper.
- Attitudes and barriers to exercise in adults with type 1 diabetes (T1DM) and how best to address them: a qualitative study. Lascar N, Kennedy A, Hancock B, Jenkins D, Andrews RC, Greenfield S, Narendran P. PLoS One. 2014 Sep 19;9(9):e108019. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0108019. eCollection 2014. Link to paper.